Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Embrace Life

I recently found out my cousin and her husband lost a woman friend who was @ 30 years old to pancreatic cancer - she was a doctor (had been in med school with my cousin's husband less than 2 years ago) and had been in Belize for their wedding which we all celebrated this past June. I don't think I have ever met/known anyone that has died so young (or so fast - in less than 6 weeks). I remember this girl because she sat next to my Dad on the flight down there - such a shame. So I made this card so they could celebrate "embrace" her life rather than sending a sympathy card.





















stamps: embrace life, linen background (retired)
paper: river rock textured, soft sky textured, very vanilla, ginger blossom dp
ink: black stazon, river rock, soft sky, versamark
accessories: chipboard circles, hodgepodge hardware, soft sky stitched grosgrain, blender pen

Note: I used the ginger blossom dp to cover the circle - I cased this from Krystie Lee and she used a circle frame and since my circles were solid and the kraft colored chipboard did not match the sahara sand textured cardstock - I found sahara sand paper in the ginger blossom dp package and covered the circle...

1 comment:

Krystie Lee said...

Thanks for linking to me! I found your blog through a google alert because you linked to me.

I love your version and I'm flattered that you would case my design!

I'm sorry for their loss, I'm sure they'll appreciate the card.