Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving Festivities

Wednesday night I headed out to Naperville to be with the P's...met up Shelly and we headed to Quigley's - which was definitely the place to ring in the festivities - this Irish bar was PACKED! We lucked out and got 2 comfy chairs sitting next to a fireplace and caught up on life.

Thursday, we EAT lol - It was a bit strange being out here for Thanksgiving since the last 3 years we have spent it in Vegas. But I think we will head out there in the Spring.


The masterpiece

Here is my Dad carving the turkey


The dinner table




Pilgrims I made in elementary school



We of course experienced Black Friday in all of its glory.

We headed over to Macy's.

I was a bit disappointed - maybe I am just use to Marshall Field's windows....but they did have an amazing coupon that I used over and over and over LOL



I ran over to Sears to get light bulb and they were giving their stuff away!

As mentioned earlier, the lighting of the Christmas Tree tree at Daley Plaza won't be until Tuesday at noon (recession) but at least it was up.


My mom and I had lunch in the Walnut Room (another strange occurrence since in my past life lol it was a tradition to stand in line for hours to get a seat under the tree and then head over to the lighting of the tree). Now you just get a pager and SHOP! Their Chicken Pot Pie is bananas as is the Frango Mint Pie.


Then to top off the evening we headed to my FAVORITE place....Table 52 and...guess who stopped in??? Yes!!! Chef Art Smith. He stopped by our table and shook our hands. I met him a year ago when Chris and I had dinner there. At that time, it had only been opened 2 or 3 months. So dillylish. Their Hummingbird Cake makes you sing!

I was up til 3am this morning finishing up setting up my desk and unpacking Christmas decorations. I stalked UPS all day Wednesday for my package and they had the nerve to take Friday off so the rest of my SU supplies won't arrive til Monday ;(- Thursday, I prepped about 75% of my cards (missing some stamp sets and ink and DSP) while I watched Run Fat Boy Run (hysterical and sweet) so I am in good shape but it il be nice when all is complete!

Hope everyone had a Great Thanksgiving!


No comments: