Sunday, August 16, 2009

Chairlift, Passion Pit play Apple Store, Chicago

On the eve of Chicago's Lollapalooza Music Festival 2009, Sony teamed up with Apple to get the party atmosphere in swing, resulting in a free in-store concert.

It is Thursday night and the line wrapped around the block. I wasn't even sure I would make it into the show - I was probably 10+ years older then most of these kids but I thought hey I only got a one day pass for Lollapalooza and here are 2 bands playing for free that were part of the weekend line up - I am there! We were all herded into the second floor of Chicago’s Michigan Ave. Apple Store by several college-aged guys and a goth chick. They didn't even remove the computers from the table where I perched myself for an eyeful view of Chairlift and Passion Pit. If you are loving the song soundtracking the latest iPod ad then you have heard of Chairlift. Enjoy!

No comments: